> A bike-friendly BART car is in the works (haven’t seen one for myself yet, though)
> Why exactly can’t we take bikes on escalators? Whoever made that rule- have they ever carried their bike up 100 steps, each day?
My least favorite moments on my work commute – because if I can’t rant here, where can I rant?!
- Hipster girl who sped past me at a stoplight as I was starting off, nearly hitting me. On a fixie.
- Cars that race in front of you on a green light, so you have to fall in behind them, then they screech to a halt at the next red, while you cycle up past them. Why do cars race to the next light? I’ll never understand.
- Those big black limo-van things hog the lane and swerve into the bike lane. Each one of them.
- Pedestrians who step into the street while checking traffic. Check traffic, then step into the street! Key intersections: Embarcadero & Market, and Bay & Embarcadero, Sansome & California. Also, I ahve to say pedestrians are so focused on cars they miss cyclists.
On a good note:
- Buses and shuttles have been very courteous to me, on my routes (EmeryGoRound, the 10-Townsend).
- It’s been gorgeous out in the morning and afternoon
- Cycling in SF is so fast- everything is so close together
- It feels like there’s been more people out on bikes, doing errands and stuff. Bike racks seem really full
- Most bars/restaurants/public places I’ve been at, if I ask if they have a place for bikes, they usually do! It’s this neat kind of underground chivalry.