Rapid Restaurant Review: Cyrus
The second installment of Rapid Restaurant Reviews takes us to the North Country, all the way up in Healdsburg in the Russian River Valley.
Cyrus sits mere steps from Healdsburg Square which itself is mere minutes from dozens of wineries and tasting rooms. And what better way to end a long afternoon of tasting (and spitting, of course) wine than to sit down with an eight-course tasting menu with accompanying wine flight?
To the questions, then…
29 North Street
- What kind of food is it? Contemporary French-Cal, complete with Champagne / caviar cart and cheese course.
- What can you get to drink? Full bar with cocktails like the Rhubarbarella, dictionary-thick wine list.
- Would you eat there again? Absolutely. You’re paying, right?
- Would you eat there once a week (or more)? I’ll need to discuss that with my financial advisor.
- Would you go out of your way to eat there? It’s in Healdsburg. I have no choice but to go out of my way to eat there.
- Would you recommend the place to your friends? Yes. The trust-fund friends, at least.
- Would you take your parents there? We did. They enjoyed it immensely. I believe the words “life experience” were used.
- Would you take a first date there? That’s one hell of a first date. I was unaware that Scarlett Johansson was interested in dating me.
- Would you take kids? No. Please, no.
- Do they take reservations? They’re recommended, in fact. However, there is some lovely bar seating available, and you can enjoy many of the menu items without actually sitting down for a full dinner.
Dinner at Cyrus was a stellar dining experience, simple as that. The setting was lovely, the service wonderful, the food delightful. If you’re looking for a splurge restaurant, you could do much, much worse than this little gem nestled along Wine Country’s road less travelled. You could not do much better.