The Perverbial Wine Country Tour
It’s taken 4 long years but it finally happened–I found someone who was interested, but had not yet explored, wine country. It was a last minute decision so we relied heavily on Lonely Planet to guide us. Neither one of us has a car in SF so it came as no surprise that we missed the exit for Napa and consequently headed for Sonoma. We learned some valuable lessons (or beginners mistakes) along the way. Did any of these ring true for you?
1) Fill’er up–Granted it been a while since I’ve paid for gas, but dayum…it seemed pricier out there than in the city
2) Bring food–Trust, you WILL get hungry along the way
3) Bring your own food–Food also seems to be more expensive and you’ll need snacks between drinks
4) Patience Grasshopper–If you’ve not been on a road trip with your pal before, be sure to cut them slack–spending hours in a car can create a bond or just as easily drive a wedge between you
5) M.A.D.D.–One of you has to be the designated driver given the alcoholic consumption taking place. Be sure to make this decision before you leave
6) Cash is King–We didn’t realize that you had to pay to play. Thats right, some wineries actually charge for the wine tasting (are they trying to run a business or something??)
Oh and one last item–be sure to bring a camera, It’s abso-freakin-lutely beautiful there. Cheers!