Today in San Francisco
I’m forcing myself to stay at home today due to a combination of needing rest because I’ve got a cold and needing to catch up on work because the cold’s put me behind on things all week. But, if I weren’t staying indoors all day, these are a few of things I might be doing:
• Buying clothing by the pound. I absolutely don’t need new clothes, but I’ve wanted to check out this store forever and it would be a good excuse to add some things to the wardrobe while hanging in the Mission, which I actually did last Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed.
• Enjoying the ocean. It’s an absolutely beautiful day outside and completely perfect weather for walking along the beach. One of my roommates is out starfish-seeking right now, which sounds dreamy, but I’d be satisfied just to get some coffee at Java Beach and spend an hour or two watching the Ocean Beach waves.
• Gelato or ice cream. It’s that kind of day. If I didn’t feel like it would be bad for the cold, I’d walk over to my favorite North Beach gelato place or maybe even do the tourist thing over at Ghirardelli Square because their sundaes are sinfully delicious.
• Green Festival. Self-described as a “party with a purpose”, this event is a community-building event which is reported to offer great food and connections to great people.
• Movies. It’s the fourth annual SF International South Asian Film Festival today at the Roxie. Doing Time, Doing Vipassana at the Red Vic also looks good. Or I’d see Shortbus again. Oh and tonight is opening night of New Italian Cinema 2006 at the Embarcadero Cinema.
• Seeing an afternoon play. It’s been far too long since I went to a theatre event in the middle of the day and there’s always something going on here on Sunday afternoons. At the top of today’s list for me: Bat Boy the Musical, Doubt, and Charley’s Aunt. I’d probably go get half-price tickets at TIX Bay Area at Union Square.
• Trapeze flying. One of these days I’m going to take trapeze lessons at the Trapeze Arts School in Oakland. I think. Except that I’m terrified of doing it, so I figure I’ll say that being sick and overworked is my reason for not doing it right now.
I hope everyone out there is enjoying the day as much as I’d like to be enjoying it!