I picked up a taxi fare, a young man who had recently relocated here from the Midwest. He had landed a job with a major accounting firm, and he met a girl who is employed by Google. He said that life was good, but his income was still limited. He needed a suggestion for a weekend date that would be unique, yet wasn’t too costly. I told him that for the price of a DVD, gas, and a few meals I had an idea that he might like…
The Vertigo Date: Rent, or buy the 1958 Hitchcock thriller, Vertigo (1958)
Watch the movie while having brunch at home. Go on line for a list of “Vertigo” filming locations in San Francisco. Then with a good map of the city visit each site.
Locations for Vertigo (1958)
* Scottie’s (Jimmy Stewart) Apartment at 900 Lombard St. (A few blocks downhill from the crookedest street in the world.)
* Brocklebank Apartments – 1000 Mason Street, San Francisco
* California Palace of the Legion of Honor – 34th Avenue & Clement Street, San Francisco
* Fort Point, Presidio, San Francisco
* Mission Dolores – 3321 16th Street, San Francisco
* Palace of Fine Arts – 3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco
The next day, take a drive down to San Juan Bautista to see where the shocking climax was filmed.
Mission San Juan Bautista – 2nd & Mariposa Sts., San Juan Bautista, California, USA