Beer … MMMMmm
I just got my e-newsletter from San Francisco Brew Pub Club and thought I’d pss on that they’ve got lotsa suds related stuff on their calendar if anyone wants to annoint themselves with fresh brewed hops & barley byproducts.
My fave is the beer cruise that never leaves the dock…The Third Annual “Brews on the Bay” on the deck of the Jeremiah O’Brien Liberty Ship on Saturday, September 9 …
Over 50 flavas overflowing from noon until 4:30p.m. under the guise of The San Francisco Brewers Guild. There will also be live music , tours of the ship and The Thirsty Bear will be offering up tasty tapas. Local SF brew pubs offer deals on tickets – $30 includes all your beer, or buy yer way in on the gangway for $40.
More hoppy trails after the jump
* A Beer & Tapas Dinner at Thirsty Bear from 6:00p.m. on Wednesday, September 13, as part of their week of 10th anniversary celebrations. Five courses paired with house beers hosted by Executive Chef Trish Tracey and Brewmaster Brenden Dobel. Reservations required.
* A less formal Thirsty Bear gathering occurs Thursday Sept 14thon as the joint is is celebrating its Tenth Anniversary with a party on Thursday, September 14 from 5:00 until 8:00p.m. Admission is free, and includes complementary appetizers and door prizes. 22oz beers will be offered at a special price of $3.
* The Tion Dinner at the Cathedral Hill Hotel at 6:30p.m. on Monday, September 18. Featuring the innovative beers of Russian River Brewing’s Vinnie Cilurzo (each ending in “-tion”, including Redemption, Damnation, Temptation, Supplication, and Salvation) paired with creations from the Beer Chef, Bruce Paton. Reservations required.
* Free The Need Oktoberfest at Speakeasy Ales and Lagers from 2:00 until 7:00p.m. on Saturday, September 30. Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 on the door, to benefit Free The Need, which distributes surplus food and clothing to needy families. The price includes open taps, silent auction, door prizes, live music, and gourmet hors d’oeuvres.
* And finally, don’t forget the regular Friday open houses at Speakeasy Brewery (4:00 to 8:00p.m.) off Evans in San Francisco. For Speakeasy events hit up http://www.goodbeer.com
See the Club Calendar for full details of all these beery events: http://www.sfbrewpub.org/calendar