Six reasons why San Jose doesn’t suck
Yes, yes, San Jose sucks in a lot of ways, and we all love to bash it, myself included. But there are also some good things going on here that don’t suck, so I started making a list, hoping to come up with ten. However, I only got to six, and it is a bit food-centric. so I am hoping that you can help me finish the list!
6. Golf courses. I counted 11 of ‘um, including Santa Teresa, where you can “play” the 9-hole “executive” course for $11 in flip-flops with nothing but a pitching wedge.
5. Parks and open spaces. No matter which direction I pick, I am a short drive away from good hiking or picnic spot.
4. Ethiopean food. I am obsessed with the quality, quanity, and cheapness of the Ethiopean food in San Jose. Here is my list.
3. Free parking downtown, and everywhere for that matter. Yeah, we are a car culture down here, but at least we have lots of room to put our cars.
2. Indian food. Indian food is everywhere in the Bay Area, and San Jose is no exception. I have a nice choice of yummy buffets to hit up at lunch. Again, quality, quanity, and cheapness rule.
1. Fruit stands and farmer’s markets. We may have built tract housing over some of the best agricultural land in the country, but as a result, we are living right next to a little of best agricultural land in the country. The result: lots of fruit stands and me stuffing myself with nectartines, tomatoes, melons, strawberries, cherries, and corn.