San Francisco-ize an iPod
I use an iPod for testing videos and writing how-tos, and when I travel, play ripped DVDs on the hotel TV or watch them on bus/plane. For music stuff, the counterfeit iPod shuffle is pretty good, records audio and has a FM tuner – but it’s kinda flimsy. That said, if you have an iPod you can do a lot more than listen to music on them. Most iPods can view Notes & Calendar entries and the newer ones can view photos. If you’re traveling to a new area or want to have a ton of local information, here are some links to “city-ize” your pod – these are for San Francisco. Might be useful to a few folks out there, one day I’m going to get around to finishing up a more detailed how-to on all this…
- Super-quick video review of San Francisco Pod CityGuide – Link.
- San Francisco Pod CityGuide. Register and then download (drop the files in the calendar and notes folders) – [via] Link.
- iPod subway map (San Francisco BART) – Link.
- San Francisco Chronicle podcasts – Link.
- PodBop audio (San Francisco) – Link.
- iPod tour guides – Link.
- How to “Photocast” & San Francisco photo pool – Link.
- Pirate weather podcast feed (MP3) – Link.